Exotic Avian Sanctuary of Tennessee is registered as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. ©2020 All rights reserved.
EAST welcomes you to come visit our feathered residents. Sanctuary Tours are conducted by appointment on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. during the months of May – October.
We love giving tours and educating the public about EAST’s role in rescue and sanctuary of captive parrots. However, because we are a small staff of volunteers, and are responsible for our parrots’ care each day, we hope you understand that our time is limited for conducting tours to designated days and by appointment only.
EAST is not a public attraction. Be mindful that you are in the birds’ home. Rescues/Sanctuaries exist because humans have failed these animals. This is a home, refuge and safe place for the birds who are lucky enough to be here. Educate yourself on the problems the pet trade has created for parrots, and continues to create today. We do not support breeding or capture for the pet trade.
CLASSROOM FIELD TRIPS
Along with rescue, sanctuary and conservation, education is a top priority at EAST. Bringing your classroom for a tour at EAST is an enriching, educational, fun experience and a great way for the classroom to learn close up about parrots and the importance of their care and our human responsibilities to them. Because these tours often fall outside our regular tour dates and times, please contact us so we can make arrangements for a guided educational tour for your classroom. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitors should wear closed-toe shoes. Some of our residents enjoy surprising your toes.
- The Sanctuary can be a very LOUD place. If you are sensitive to noise, you should consider bringing earplugs or noise-blocking headphones.
- If you have a parrot, you cannot bring your bird with you. The potential risks to our flock, and to yours, preclude such visits.
- If you wish to visit our facility, you will have to read, agree to and sign our “Acknowledgment and Waiver” before your tour can begin.
- Anyone under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Small children might be frightened by the noise and must be monitored closely by their guardian(s).
- Tours are guided and educational. Everyone in a designated tour group must stay together at all times. Once the tour starts, individual participants will not be allowed to stray from or leave the tour group.
- If you are sick or coming down with something, please reschedule your tour. EAST is run completely by volunteers. There are no “sick days” here. The work at the sanctuary must be completed daily regardless of sickness.
Although some of our residents may have once been pets, be advised that they are wild animals with wild instincts that may make them unpredictable and aggressive. Visitors are not allowed to touch any of our residents, except as supervised by an EAST tour representative.
Suggested Donation: $10, per person.
Your tour fee helps us to offset the cost of operating our aviary 24/7 and providing the best in care for our avian residents. Tour fees are non-refundable. In the event of a cancellation, we will honor your paid reservation for 6 months. Your donation to EAST and its mission is appreciated by our feathered residents.